Notice of International Training on Resource & Environment Scientific Data Sharing along the “Belt and Road”
Bureau of International Cooperation, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, CAS
- IKCEST under the Auspices of UNESCO
- China-Pakistan Joint Research Center on Earth Sciences
- Integrated Research on Disaster Risk International Programme Office (IRDR IPO)
- Alliance of International Science Organizations on Disaster Risk Reduction (ANSO-DRR)
- National Earth System Science Data Center
- World Data Center for Renewable Resources and Environment, World Data System of International Council for Science (WDC-RRE)
(1) to provide theoretical and practical skills on policies and standards, technical methods, software platforms and data management involved in scientific data sharing, and to promote data sharing technology exchange;
(2) to promote the common construction and sharing of scientific data on resources and environment in the "Belt and Road" region;
(3) to enhance the sharing awareness and technology of disaster prevention and mitigation knowledge and information through training, and to promote the integration and sharing of disaster prevention and mitigation data resources in the region.
(4) to establish and develop a network for cooperation in disaster risk reduction knowledge services and data sharing in the "Belt and Road" initiative.
a combination of indoor lectures, on-line operation, exchange seminars and field trips.
The training is free. Accommodation in China will be covered with some additional living subsidies. We will provide round-trip travel funding for some applicants. If you wish to apply for round-trip travel funding, please specify the reason in the attached application form.
Technical backbone of national research or educational institutions engaged in resource and environmental science data research, teaching, management, construction and application, or management and technical personnel who can play a key role in promoting data sharing in their respective countries or units, including Russia, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Thailand, Iran, Egypt, Bhutan, etc. A total of 15-20 young scientists are planned to be recruited.
(1) Please fill the application form before September 1st, and send the files to contact person;
(2) All applicants will receive feedback from the organizer. Acceptance notification will be sent September 10th, 2023.
Director of the workshop
Prof. Wang Juanle, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact of the workshop
Ms. Yuelei Yuan, email@example.com